Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Abhijeet Sawant hits jackpot!

Ticket to Bollywood...that’s what Abhijeet Sawant has bagged through Lottery. Come December and the singer, who had shown his Junoon as the first Indian Idol will now be seen in Hemant Prabhu’s romantic thriller.

Says Sawant in his usual sing-song voice, “I’m playing an accountant, Rohit, who likes keeping to himself. But with a sudden turn of events, he finds himself trapped in a murder conspiracy. How he fights the system to prove his innocence is what the story is all about.”

The singer-turned-actor, who in his own words, is “taking a big plunge”, will be seen wooing Rucha Gujarathi onscreen. Ask him whether his first-ever stint before the camera had him develop cold feet and Sawant is quick to quip, “Since I’ve shot for my music videos, I don’t fight shy from the camera. Thanks to the unit, I felt at home.This definitely is music to our ears.

0 comments: