Friday, November 21, 2008

No more television for Abhijeet Sawant

One of the best jodi's of Nach Baliye 4, Abhijeet Sawant and wife Shilpa are having a gala time due to the ongoing strike. We talk to the singer, dancer cum actor on what is going on with no nach, Bollywood and television!!

“We are just bored sitting at home. We do practice, but not as seriously because we have no idea when the strike will get over”, says Abhijeet.

So are there any plans for a vacation? “Well we thought the strike will get over in a week, so did not go out of the station. But now, if things don't resolve, may be on Saturday I'll go to my native place in Konkan”, says the Idol.

So what kept him busy all these days? “I was busy with my playback singing and stage performances. Initially it had become difficult to balance out, as I was doing too many things at a time. Now due to the strike I feel relieved as there is no hush- hush between the shoots, my stage shows and singing”, quips Abhijeet.

After Nach, you must be flooded with offers on television, so are there any chances of seeing you more on TV? “I don't want to do much on television. After Indian Idol, I took another best show which gave a boost to my personality. Even Nach Baliye has maharati's and is very popular. Now I want to move ahead and progress in life”, says he.

We have heard you are getting offers for fiction shows too. “Yes I got few offers, but I refused it. The day I start to do more of television, then people will tend to think that Abhijeet doesn't have any other work to do. Doing fiction on television will be my last option. But in future, if I get some good offers like these, then I don't mind”, quips the singer.

0 comments: